MEDINA — Medina running back Jimmy Daw made his long-awaited college choice Monday evening.
Ball State is certainly going to be happy, as the senior first-team All-Ohioan committed to the Mid-American Conference school.
“Excited to announce that I've officially committed to play D1 Football at the University of Ball State! #CardinalNation,” Daw tweeted.
Daw wrapped up his career with school records for points (466), rushing yards (3,384), total touchdowns (76) and rushing touchdowns (62). The 6-foot-4, 223-pounder also broke Medina County season records for points (248) and touchdowns (41) while leading Medina to a 9-3 record and second-round appearance in the Division I, Region 2 playoffs this fall.
Daw also had offers from Bowling Green, Iowa State and Eastern Kentucky, among others, and is ranked as a three-star recruit by scout.com.
Ball State finished 4-8 overall and sixth in the MAC West Division under first-year coach Mike Neu, a graduate of the school and the 1993 MAC Offensive Player of the Year. James Gilbert is entrenched as the starting running back after racking up 1,332 yards rushing as a sophomore, but Daw has stated previously he is open to playing another position.
The Cardinals, who also have a commitment from two-star running back Markice Hurt Jr. out of Michigan, are now up to 16 recruits from the Class of 2017. The class is ranked sixth in the MAC by 247sports.com.
Contact Albert Grindle at (330) 721-4043 or email@example.com.
- Gazette MVP: Daw led Medina to great heights while staying humble
- Daw, Brauser make All-Ohio first team
- High school football: Daw, Sutherland honored as all-district teams announced
- High school football playoffs: Same begining, different ending for Medina
- Memorable season for Medina
- High school football playoffs: Medina rallies from 24 points down, beats Whitmer in instant classic
- Commentary: Columnist forced to rewrite after Bees write happy ending
- High school football: Medina offensive line flips to beast mode to get win over Euclid
- Medina running back has mom in thoughts
- High school football: Record breaking night for Medina's Jimmy Daw and John Curtis