Margaret M. Douglas
PHOTO PROVIDED Enlarge
WADSWORTH — The body of a 98-year-old Wadsworth woman, who was reported missing Monday morning, was discovered later that same evening in her home, police said.
Margaret M. Douglas was reported missing by an out-of-town relative, who learned Douglas’ friends had not been in contact with her since April 3, police said.
According to a Tuesday statement from Wadsworth police: “At the time of the initial call (Monday), officers did a walkthrough of her residence but did not observe any obvious evidence of foul play.”
It was during a second search later Monday evening that Douglas’ body was discovered in “a hidden location.”
Police said an investigation determined that Douglas was last seen at her residence in the 300 block of Portage Street around Thursday.
The Ohio Bureau of Criminal Investigation assisted Wadsworth police in processing the scene.
Douglas’ body was taken to the Cuyahoga County Medical Examiner’s Office at the direction of Medina County Coroner Dr. Lisa Deranek.
Deranek said as of Tuesday afternoon, she had not received any details regarding Douglas’ death and subsequent autopsy from the Cuyahoga County Medical Examiner’s Office.
“Not at this time,” she said. “They haven’t given me anything yet.”
A police dispatcher said there were no updates in the case Tuesday evening.
Contact reporter Nathan Havenner at (330) 721-4050 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Arrest made in death of Margaret Douglas (UPDATED)
- Teen charged with murder in death of Wadsworth woman
- Judge rules teen suspected in 98-year-old woman's killing can be tried as an adult (VIDEO)
- Wadsworth teen faces 4 aggravated murder charges
- Teen pleads not guilty to murder charges in death of Margaret Douglas
- Phone evidence allowed in trial of Wadsworth teen accused of killing woman, 98
- Prosecutor: Gavon Ramsay "fascinated" by murder and wanted to kill Margaret Douglas (UPDATED)
- 1. Brutal murder of widow shocks community
- Teen prosecutors called 'serial killer in training' gets life without parole in killing of 98-year-old Wadsworth woman (UPDATED)