MEDINA — The 173rd edition of the Medina County Fair will offer a variety of paid and free entertainment July 30 to Aug. 5.
Tickets are available online at medina-fair.com, and can be printed out or scanned from a phone for entry. Tickets also will be available at the gate.
Preferred parking will be available in lots off West Smith Road, the horse arena and the Medina County Community Center let. Preferred parking tickets are $50, good for the entire week and can be purchased by calling the fair office at (330) 723-9633.
The deadline to submit entries to this year’s Medina County Fair is July 20.
The deadline to enter the 3-on-3 double-elimination basketball tournament also is July 20. Teams consist of three to five players. Groups include men and women 18 and under, 19-40 and 41 and over. Entry fee is $50 per team.
Games will be played at the west end of the Medina County Community Center:
- July 30, 41 and over;
- July 31, 19-40;
- Aug. 1, 18 and under.
Prizes will be awarded for each bracket winner. Entry forms and rules are at the fair office, 720 W. Smith Road, and medina-fair.com.
Instead of the traditional bakery auction, prices will be assigned to all baked goods and they will be available for purchase. The bakery sale will begin at 6 p.m. Aug. 2.
Reduced admission days
- July 30, all past and current military members admitted for free all day with identification;
- July 30, $3 admission until 3 p.m.;
- Aug.,1, Youth Day, children age 11 and younger admitted for free until 5 p.m.;
- Aug. 5, all first responders admitted for free with ID for First Responders Day. Admission also will be $5 for anyone who brings a nonperishable food item.
New for 2018, free
- Dino-Roar show featuring seven different dinosaurs and fossil displays, various show times;
- Pick-Up Stix Stiltwalkers, all week;
- Mobile Glassblowers, free demonstrations Aug. 3-4;
- Heritage Crafters, Building 22, old-time crafters and crafts for sale, Aug. 3;
- The Pepsi Building, live animals all week;
- Travel N Riverboat Show, July 31-Aug. 3, various times;
- Ag Acres family agriculture tent, hands-on activities all week.
- July 30, Demolition Derby, 7 p.m.;
- July 31, Motocross, 7:30 p.m.;
- Aug.1, Rough Truck Contest, 7 p.m.;
- Aug. 2, Kane Brown with Smithfield will perform at 8 p.m. The concert is sold out;
- Aug. 3, Draft Horse and Pony Hitch, 9 a.m., followed by second Demolition Derby, 7 p.m.;
- Aug. 4, OSTPA Modified Truck and Tractor Pull, 7 p.m.;
- Aug. 5, Farm Tractor Pull, 9 a.m.; Buckin’ Ohio bull riding, 6 p.m.; fireworks, 10 p.m.
- noon to 5 p.m., displays of various military groups and entertainment;
- 6:30 p.m., opening ceremonies;
- 7 p.m., Royal Court Contest;
- 8 p.m.; Ohio Little Rock concert.
- 7:30 a.m., Outstanding Junior Fair Senior Breakfast;
- 11 a.m. to 3 p.m., senior citizen activities featuring Travel N Riverboat Show;
- 4 p.m., square dancing by Medina Squares;
- 8 p.m., Chardon Polka Band.
- 11a.m., Outstanding 4-H Awards;
- 1-3 p.m., Barnyard Olympics;
- 4 p.m., Kim’s College of Martial Arts demonstration;
- 5:30 p.m., talent show (there are four age categories with cash prizes);
- 8 p.m., Donut Eating Contest sponsored by Donut Hut;
- 9 p.m., open karaoke.
- noon, Elementary Honors Band and Choir;
- 1 p.m., Middle School Band and Choir;
- 2:30 p.m., Honors Orchestra;
- 4 p.m., Canyon Wind Band;
- 8 p.m., Cole Blue Steele Band.
- 1 p.m., Ignite Dance Studio performance;
- 4 p.m., The Adjustments performance;
- 8 p.m., Buckshot.
- 10 a.m., Kiddie Tractor Pull;
- 1 p.m., Grassroots Cloggers;
- 3 p.m. and 5 p.m., Our Zoo to You animal show;
- 8 p.m. and 9:45 p.m., Terry Lee Goffee performs a Johnny Cash tribute.
- 10:30 a.m., worship service with Victory Baptist Church;
- 1 p.m., Ohio State Arm Wrestling;
- 5 p.m.—Jim Lovejoy band.
Ride tickets, hours
- Unlimited ride passes — $15 daily, $10 Wednesday;
- Tickets — $1 each or 12 for $10;
- Monday — 1-10:30 p.m.;
- Tuesday — noon to 10:30 p.m.;
- Wednesday — 11 a.m. to 10:30 p.m.;
- Thursday — noon to 10:30 p.m.;
- Friday — noon to 11p.m.;
- Saturday — 11a.m. to 11 p.m.;
- Sunday — noon to 10 p.m.
- general admission, age 12 and older, $6;
- general admission, age 2-11, $3;
- Seniors age 65 and older, $3.
- Successful year for fair
- Milkshakes fuel Junior Fair Leaders
- MEDINA COUNTY FAIR: 4-H trainers present their goats
- MEDINA COUNTY FAIR: Kane Brown brings heat to sellout crowd
- MEDINA COUNTY FAIR: Rabbits need more than luck to win
- Medina County Fair continues (UPDATED)
- MEDINA COUNTY FAIR: Victory must be sweet in honey competition