MEDINA — The 173rd edition of the Medina County Fair begins today and runs through Sunday.
Tickets are available at medina-fair.com, and can be printed out or scanned from a phone for entry. Tickets also will be available at the gate.
Preferred parking will be available in lots off West Smith Road, the horse arena and the Medina County Community Center lot. Preferred parking tickets are $50, good for the entire week and can be purchased by calling the fair office at (330) 723-9633.
Due to the large attendance expected at the sold-out Kane Brown concert Thursday, the fair board has added two free parking options in Medina for that night. Parking will be available at the Medina County Career Center, 1101 W. Liberty St., and Ohio National Guard Armory, 920 Lafayette Road. Both lots will open at 5 p.m. and two shuttles will run to and from the lots until midnight.
REDUCED ADMISSION DAYS
- Sunday, all first responders admitted for free with ID for First Responders Day. Admission also will be $5 for anyone who brings a nonperishable food item.
NEW FOR 2018, FREE
- Dino-Roar show featuring seven different dinosaurs and fossil displays, various show times;
- Pick-Up Stix Stiltwalkers, all week;
- Mobile Glassblowers, free demonstrations today;
- The Pepsi Building, live animals all week;
- Ag Acres family agriculture tent, hands-on activities all week.
- Today, OSTPA Modified Truck and Tractor Pull, 7 p.m.;
- Sunday, Farm Tractor Pull, 9 a.m.; Buckin’ Ohio bull riding, 6 p.m.; fireworks, 10 p.m.
- 10 a.m., Kiddie Tractor Pull;
- 1 p.m., Grassroots Cloggers;
- 3 p.m. and 5 p.m., Our Zoo to You animal show;
- 8 p.m. and 9:45 p.m., Terry Lee Goffee performs a Johnny Cash tribute.
- 10:30 a.m., worship service with Victory Baptist Church;
- 1 p.m., Ohio State Arm Wrestling;
- 5 p.m.—Jim Lovejoy band.
RIDE TICKETS, HOURS
- Unlimited ride passes — $15 daily,
- Today — 11a.m. to 11 p.m.;
- Sunday — noon to 10 p.m.
- general admission, age 12 and older, $6;
- general admission, ages 2-11, $3;
- Seniors age 65 and older, $3.
- Milkshakes fuel Junior Fair Leaders
- Successful year for fair
- 4. Kane Brown’s stardom was almost too bright for Medina County
- MEDINA COUNTY FAIR: Poultry clucks, crows, waddles in competition
- MEDINA COUNTY FAIR: Dogs wait to shine
- MEDINA COUNTY FAIR: Tough collaborating with sheep
- MEDINA COUNTY FAIR: Kane Brown brings heat to sellout crowd
- MEDINA COUNTY FAIR: Railroad club works on details
- MEDINA COUNTY FAIR: Kids compete to show farm skills
- MEDINA COUNTY FAIR: Men, women, children down doughnuts
- MEDINA COUNTY FAIR: Rabbits need more than luck to win
- This is what will be at the Medina County Fair
- Tickets sell out to Medina County Fair headliner Kane Brown
- Kane Brown to headline Medina County Fair