Samuel Wood plead guilty to three counts of rape of victims under 13, first-degree felonies.
MEDINA — A Lodi man was sentenced in Medina County Common Pleas Court on Friday to 10 years to life in prison for raping two girls younger than 13.
When Judge Christopher J. Collier asked if Samuel L. Wood had anything to say, Wood replied, “I apologize.”
Wood, 31, was arrested Feb. 2 at his home, in the 100 block of Sunset Drive, by Lodi police. Chief Keith Keough said previously the victims — 12- and 13-year-old girls — were staying at Wood’s home.
Keough said a Lodi officer received a complaint from the mother of one of the girls Feb. 2. The incidents occurred between last
Dec. 22 and Jan. 2, according to the indictment.
“The officer that took the call got the information from the report, and talked to the two little girls,” Keough said. “Their statements were consistent with one another. Wood was named.”
He was indicted by a grand jury Feb. 14 on three counts of rape of victims under 13, first-degree felonies.
Wood changed his plea from not guilty to guilty June 29.
He has been incarcerated at Medina County Jail on $100,000 bond.
If he is released from prison, Wood will be labeled a Tier III sexual offender and be required to register in person with the sheriff’s office in whatever county in which he lives.
Contact reporter Bob Finnan at (330) 721-4049 or firstname.lastname@example.org.