COLUMBUS — The Republican U.S. Senate nominee in Ohio is being praised by a conservative group in new ads and mailers.
The Americans for Prosperity organization backed by the wealthy Koch brothers is launching a six-figure nationwide campaign aimed at curbing “wasteful spending” in Congress. Ads target 17 House Republicans and Democrats who voted for this year’s $1.3 trillion omnibus spending bill while thanking 13 representatives who opposed it, including Jim Renacci
Renacci won this month’s GOP primary to oppose second-term Democratic Sen. Sherrod Brown.
The ads and mailers in Renacci’s northeast Ohio district encourage people to call the congressman and urge him to keep fighting the “spending problem.”
Brown’s campaign has aired a TV ad saying Renacci has “always looked out for himself.”
- Senate candidates Sherrod Brown, Jim Renacci spar over health care, immigration
- Sherrod Brown defeats Jim Renacci for third term in U.S. Senate
- Brown in 2020? Ohio senator ponders presidential bid (VIDEO, UPDATED)
- Trump backs 2 successful US Senate nominees in primaries
- Republicans vow to show Ohio still a 'Trump state'
- Trump-backed Renacci wins primary to face Sen. Sherrod Brown
- Ex-Ohio State, NFL player Gonzalez wins GOP US House primary
- Republican candidates talk budget, guns, border wall
- Protesters want Renacci town meeting
- Jim Renacci didn't report $50K in donations as registered lobbyist
- Ohio GOP Rep. Renacci joins Senate race against Dems' Brown