Jessica Porvasnik may have graduated from Ohio State, but the 2012 Division I champion from Highland High hasn’t stopped winning golf tournaments.
The Hinckley Township native added another line to an amazing resume Tuesday, when she won the Ohio Women’s Open at Eagle Rock Golf Club in Defiance.
Porvasnik carded a final-round 70, giving her a 139 total to outlast former Wittenberg star Macy Hubbard by one stroke in the Professional Division.
Porvasnik was not the only Medina County representative, as fellow Highland graduates Madison Butler (Cleveland State) and Christina Williams (Malone) competed in the Amateur Division. Butler, the 2016 D-I state champion, tied with Williams and one other for 16th place with a two-day 154.
Guilford Township resident Averi Hanna, an incoming senior at Cloverleaf, was 32nd with a 166.
- Highland alumna Jessica Porvasnik wins pro event in Toronto
- Women's golf: Jessica Porvasnik is preparing for U.S. Amateur
- U.S. Women's Open: Porvasnik misses cut
- U.S. Women's Open: Jessica Porvasnik fires 79, sits tied for 127th
- U.S. Women's Amateur: Confident Jessica Porvasnik embraces challenge
- U.S. Open: Jessica Porvasnik thrilled to compete against the best
- Jessica Porvasnik is 3rd Medina County native to win girls golf title
- All Gazette: Refined mentality led Hornets' Jessica Porvasnik to D-I state golf title