FIRST PITCH: 4:10 p.m., sunny, 37 degrees, Chicago’s Yoan Moncada, fouled off strike from Cleveland’s Mike Clevinger.
FIRST HIT: Cleveland’s Leonys Martin, leadoff double to right in the first inning.
FIRST WHITE SOX HIT: Wellington Castillo, leadoff single to left field off Clevinger in the fifth inning.
FIRST RUN: Cleveland’s Jose Ramirez on a two-out single from Carlos Santana in the sixth inning.
FIRST HOME RUN: Chicago pinch hitter Ryan Cordell off Jon Edwards, a two-run shot to center field with one out in the eighth inning.
FIRST STRIKEOUT: Moncada, swinging, first batter of the game off Clevinger.
FIRST INDIANS STRIKEOUT: Santana, swinging off Ivan Nova with one out in the first inning.
FIRST WALK: Chicago’s Yonder Alonso to lead off the second against Clevinger.
FIRST INDIANS WALK: Jake Bauers off Ivan Nova to lead off the fourth inning.
FIRST DOUBLE PLAY: Turned by Chicago on Santana’s grounder to second in the fourth inning.
FIRST ERROR: Cleveland reliever Adam Cimber, throwing to first on a ground ball from leadoff batter -- Jose Rondon -- in the eighth inning.
- White Sox 8, Indians 3: Corey Kluber roughed up, and offense no help in loss
- Indians 5, White Sox 3: Tribe rallies by Chicago; Mike Clevinger dominates in debut
- Jim Ingraham: A win is a win is a win, but Indians' offense looking downright offensive
- Mike Clevinger brings the heat, averages 95 mph, strikes out career-high 12 in dominant debut
- Indians notes: Tribe bats silent during season-opening series in Minnesota